So many things made made an impression on me. I will name a few.
At the zoo: When Miguel was counting the kids as the entered. He was not merely counting the kids. He took the opportunity to touch each one on the head or shoulder and say something to them as they entered the zoo. He wasn't just counting he was affirming each one.
Translators: Very wise for their age. They were touched by the experience. Jorge told me that he wants to bring some of his friends out on the weekend to hang out with the kids. They all seemed to have good hearts. It seems God was working in their group.
The Baby House: I was touched every time I entered this house. When I (or any male walked into the house) you could hear almost every baby say "Papito, Papito " . They really seemed to crave male attention. Brady Cox is amazing with these kids and I noticed he would hurry through his lunch to spend time with these babies who just needed someone to show them some attention. Jerry Weathers also seemed to take every opportunity given to him to play with these kids.
The Volunteers: Becky in the baby house heard about what was going on there, left Australia and is giving up her time and income to serve here. The two girls from the Dallas area ( Lauren and Nancy) are doing the same. They are eating the food and living at the orphanage ( I am not sure every building has running water). That is sacrifice and love. They are amazing people.
It was a privilege to visit with all these people. God has blessed me through them.
Randy Wilson
No comments:
Post a Comment