Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Day at the Zoo!

I have been so blessed by being here in Lima. All of these kids are so grateful for what they have, even though to me it seems like they have so little. I've learned that even though I don't speak OR understand ANY spanish, AT ALL, all that matters is that I show them how much I love them. The Zoo was SO much fun and I really enjoyed spending time with the girls in my Casa outside of the orphanage. They have been so welcoming to me and I am so blessed by the opportunity to serve here. I am really looking forward the the rest of this week!
-Abbie Baird
(P.S. Mom and Dad, I know you won't read this, but you told me to let you know I'm alive. The End) :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're bonding with those girls, I know they must love you! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie Baird you are hilarious, beautiful, and I miss you. To confess, I am only reading this blog for you, Brady, and our Huddles' posts...

    ReplyDelete