| My senior class had the opportunity to go to Europe over Spring Break. Originally I had planned to go on the senior trip, but when I heard that there was going to be a trip to the orphanage I decided that I would go to Peru instead. The trip to Peru was a lot more than I had expected. It was amazing getting to know the kids at the orphanage and also getting to know people on trip better as well. I found it amazing how the kids where so excited about all the activities we did with them. It was crazy that even though that there was a language barrier we where able to communicate and play with the kids through our broken Spanish and there broken English. The kids where so happy when they got hugs or any high fives or pound its. The children at the orphanage need love, they are very content with what little that they have. I was also very amazed at how many buildings that they have been able to build for the orphanage, I expected that there would not have been so many facilities. Now that I have been to the orphanage I am constantly coming up with ideas about how I can help the kids at the orphanage. On the last day of the trip after all of the celebration with the kids we had a very hard parting that consisted of many tears and realizations that we were actually leaving. After this hard departure, I have decided that I will go back and visit the orphanage in the future. Thinking back over the trip I do not regret at all the decision to go to Peru instead of Europe. Allen Taylor |
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Allen's story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment