Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday- Alex

the trips to the zoo were VERY fun! The girls and boys were well behaved for the most part and they were pumped to be able to see the animals. I love how the zoo can serve as a place for us to get to know the kids better because we talk about how to say the animals' names in either spanish or english and we walk for hours and hours in the heat and get to talk about each others lives. This week I've noticed how content these kids are with every little thing they have and it is eye opening to see the satisfaction they draw from every little thing. Today I tried to teach a group of boys how to play football and thy got the hang of "down...set...hut!" and learned how to catch the ball, but that's about it. Overall, the zoo was a great experience and I am truly going to miss these children!

-Alex

p.s.
Sorry mom, turns out I DID eat "organ meat", as opposed to what you told me not to do, and tried cow heart last night(delicious) and plan to order a guinea pig tomorrow night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment