Today I was touched by a little boy named Luis. From 10:00 this morning to 4:00 this afternoon he was constantly by my side. And not only that he wanted to be held, so he and I, walked around the Peru zoo, in my arms the entire day. It was not only that he wanted to be right next to me the entire day it was that he wanted me to hold him, and love on him. He would constantly rub my arm and hand. And by the end of the day I found myself having a rather difficult time saying goodbye even though I know I will see him tomorrow. He was my angel.
I could type for hours about this trip however other people need to blog and I need to go to bed. This trip has been filled with many laughs, and great memories. But one thing that has stood out is how much I have missed my family while I have been here. And at the same time I am working with orphans who have no family. Way to often I complain about something said in my family or I am frustrated with someone in my family. I am realizing how out of line I am and how incredible my family is.
Well Alex is waiting to blog and so graciously just said "Brooke you spell it T.H.E. E.N.D". I think he is trying to tell me he wants to blog....
In Him,
Brookie
P.S.
I WAS ACCEPTED TO SMU TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and I fell down the stairs as the mall, leaving a nice bruise on my arm...
No comments:
Post a Comment