Hi! This is Kellie Lawson. I was blessed to come and spend time with the kids in March, and God has now provided the opportunity for me to return so soon. In two short days, this trip has already been more than a blessing than I could have imagined. It's so amazing to get to deepen and strengthen the relationships with the kids I met back in March. I am with the older girls, and today we learned the story of Deborah. Our theme was leadership, and we wanted the girls to know that through God's guidance, they have the ability to be amazing leaders, just as Deborah was. The girls listened attentively to our skit, and had a great time with our craft, reflection activity and games.
One of the best parts of the day was during our buddy time. Each American is partnered with a small group of kids and we meet each day for a special time of fellowship. Today, each group made an bracelet special for their group. The idea was to have something special to share as a group and that we will keep to always remember our time together. The girls loved making the bracelets! They are so creative, and it's very special to see the joy and pride they take in making them.
Can't wait until another wonderful day tomorrow!
Thank you for sharing. The title, "Thankful", the story of Deborah as a leader, and the bracelet-making were al meaningful to read!
ReplyDelete