This afternoon did relay races with the children at the community. Our original game failed miserably, so we quickly switched to "Duck Duck Goose." The 3-6 year olds boys did the best job of following directions. Inevitably, one of the boys did not run fast enough and ended up going to the mush pot. The kids were chanting for him to go into the middle of the circle and immediately his face fell. I walked over and grabbed his hand and we walked together to the middle. I sat down and he climbed right into my lap. We had a few precious moments where I learned his name and tried my best to talk to him with my limited Spanish. Before I knew it more and more boys got tagged and ended up in the middle with me. None of them wanted to leave so I just sat in the mush pot surrounded by loving little boys.
This is why I am here. :)
-Tracy Harper
No comments:
Post a Comment